Monday, May 9, 2011

Knifemakers Build-Off 2011 (Days 4 & 5)

Here is the last pictures of the work-in-progress before it is completely done. I cannot show every steps as it would take forever but I think you can get a good feel for the process involved when I make a knife.

I need to slot the liner:





Next I need to grind and finish the blade:







After a lot more work, the blade will be completely done and fitted up to the knife and I'll also have the liners detailed.

I still need to make the clip. I left this for last because I was unsure of the material and the shape of the clip but I have a good idea on what I want to do. There is a specific look I am trying to achieve with this knife and it will be explained in the final pics.







Next the photos of the finished knife!

2 comments:

  1. How did you get that two tone effect on the blade? That's unique and striking look. I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I etched the Damascus and then satin finished the flats of the blade to remove the etching.

    ReplyDelete