Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Project 365 - Day 233

More photos from my Bushcraft class

I took a 5.5" Hogue EX-F01 that I had reground to .015 cutting edge which is .010 thinner than production. While cutting the grip was very comfortable more so than the Mora and the other "bush" knives. The F01 was the biggest and heaviest of all the knives in the course, but it allowed me to do things that the others could not do. Located on my knife I had a Leatherman, lighter, flashlight, 15' of 550 cord and of course the knife with options of lanyard attachments and way better steel. I understand the theory on saving weight..........but I am not going to rick my life on a $25-$125 crappy knife.
The knife cut all the wood with minimum efforts and never showed any dulling. As a matter of fact it is still hair shaving sharp even after all the things I cut. I do not know if I am going to change the grind on the production because it would take the knife in a different direction. Earlier this year I took a similar course with a virgin F01 and it performed just fine; just needed a little more juice to finish the task.



No comments:

Post a Comment